XI century Hotel in San Gimignano
Horse riding tour in the Tuscan countryside, Wine Tasting with appetizers and Overnight stay in Boutique Hotel
Duration: 150 minutes – Price: € 159.00 – Availability: All the year
1 Night Stay in Hotel, Horse riding tour, Wine Tasting with appetizers in Tenuta Torciano Winery
This experience includes:
- 1 night stay at presso Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo:the hotel is located in the countryside of the medieval town of San Gimignano. With just 5 minutes by car you can reach the historic center of the city.
- Horse-riding tour: one hour walk in the beautiful Tuscan countryside accompanied by an expert guide During the walk, you will appreciate the panoramic view of farmhouses, vineyards and woods.
- Tasting of 11 wines and oils in Tenuta Torciano Winery: you will be welcomed by our staff who will guide you in the tour of the cellar and the vineyard, to follow the tasting lesson and wine school, which includes 11 Tuscan wines and oils, accompanied by an appetizer of salami and bruschetta. The Tenuta Torciano winery is 3 minutes from the hotel and can also be reached on foot.
San Gimignano is a small medieval village dating back to the 8th century. It is perhaps the most famous of the small towns in Tuscany, known above all for its 14 towers overlooking picturesque olive groves and vineyards. Travelers who want to imagine what Tuscany was like in the Middle Ages should definitely visit San Gimignano.
If you choose an accommodation based in San Gimignano or in the surrounding area, you can travel in many different directions and discover artistic, naturalistic and historical beauties of Tuscany that will enrich your itinerary.
Some of these places are also easily accessible by public transport and are not far away. Just half an hour by car to your point of stay you will find the most renowned cities of Tuscany, such as Siena and Florence.
Walk ancient paths through the suggestive hills surrounding the medieval city of San Gimignano, exploring the area on horseback accompanied by an expert guide. A horseback ride in our cellar, in the nearby vineyard and in the woods around San Gimignano.
- Horseback riding tour of our estate, the nearby vineyards and woods around San Gimignano (1 hour)
- Unforgettable experience with panoramic views of farmhouses, vineyards and woods.
- Short lesson before starting the ride
- Tour accompanied by an expert guide
Horse and nature in the vineyards
During the tour you will enjoy the unspoiled nature of Tuscany! Exploring Tuscany on horseback is an experience that everyone should try at least once in their life. Find the right rhythm and get in harmony with your horse, immerse yourself in the fresh and clean air of the countryside, gallop along the newly cultivated fields among patches of sunflowers.
Tasting and the Wine School
You will spend this moment with the family and the staff of Tenuta Torciano and share your passion for wine with us. You will be guided through a sensory journey that will allow you to discover how to correctly match the right wines with food
Our sommelier will explain the tasting notes, the wine production process, the combinations with food and much more! You will learn the correct posture, the bichiettere label and how to select an appropriate wine for every occasion.
The experience begins with less structured and aged wines, to accompany an appetizer of cold cuts, cheeses, bruschetta and snacks; the tasting continues with more prestigious and full-bodied wines and oils.
The tasting includes:
- Starter: Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses with bruschetta
- Dessert: cantuccini biscuits with dessert wine
- Tasting: of Tuscan 11 wines and oils
Tasting of 11 Tuscan wines and oils
The tasting will have 11 prodoucts between wines and oils:
- Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T.
- Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T.
- Sangiovese Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T.
- Vernaccia of San Gimignano D.O.C.G.
- Chianti D.O.C.G.
- Chianti Classico D.O.C.G.
- VinBeato – Dessert Wine
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Truffle Olive Oil
- Pepper Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Selected
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Welcome to the XI century Hotel in the Tuscan countryside
Wine lovers know thatTuscany needs no introduction and for a long time we have been looking for a special place where we can welcome our guests.
We found it in this beautiful convent of the XI century, where from its height you can admire the soft and verdant hill covered with vineyards, with the thousand shades of color that take on both spring and autumn, dotted with soaring cypresses and expanses of ancient olive trees.
We have enriched this Hotel with things we love, a selection of products from our cellar, such as wine, oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
We invite you to explore the garden, admire the ancient cypresses, the orchard, visit our vineyards, our vegetable garden and visit our cellar to share beautiful experiences with wine.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo offers the possibility to stay all year round. There is much more to this retreat in the Hotel del vino, from its rustic design of irregular oak beams and terracotta floors, woven around the landscape of vineyards and oak woods with the scent of local roses and flowers and secular cypresses outside the garden which makes a postcard a perfect rural village.
The rooms are of several categories and each room is enriched with the flavor of family intimacy with vintage furnishings and with genuine breakfast made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit eaten on the terrace overlooking beautiful panoramas, another reason to visit it.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo is happy to welcome its guests from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning.
The overnight stay offers the opportunity to book a place for a wine experience in Tenuta Torciano Winery.To complete the reservation it is necessary to use a valid credit card, as a guarantee, with the payment made directly at the hotel.
Our policy of cancellation is 15 days from the arrival date.
Our staff will be at your complete disposal to make you live a happy moment in the world of Torciano and all the wonders of the Tuscan countryside. Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo only welcomes guests over the age of 15.
Availability: All year round, by reservation: all packages are subject to availability.Minimum: 2 persons.
The package includes
- 1 night stay with breakfast
- Horse riding tour in Tuscan countryside
- Tasting of 11 wines and oils with appetizers
Hospitality: Upon arrival at the hotel, all guests will be greeted with a welcome sparkling wine or sparkling wine.
Typical Tuscan breakfast: made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit. Wine, vegetable snacks, water and nice snacks are at guests’ disposal, such as tea and coffee in the common areas, in the garden and on the terrace, to make the family stay like being at home.
PACKAGE PRICE: € 159
PRICE PER PERSON – VAT INCLUDED
TORCIANO HOTEL VECCHIO ASILO welcomes guests aged 15 and over.