XI century Hotel in San Gimignano
Visit to the Organic Garden, Lunch with harvested products, Wine Tasting and Overnight stay in Boutique Hotel
Duration: 120 minutes – Price: from € 115.00 – Avaibility: All the year
1 Night Stay in Hotel with visit to the Organic Garden, Lunch with harvested products and wines and oils tasting
This experience includes:
- 1 night stay at Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo: the hotel is located in the countryside of the medieval town of San Gimignano. With just 5 minutes by car you can reach the historic center of the city.
- Visit to the organic garden of Tenuta Torciano: you will visit our garden accompanied by a farmer who will explain everything you need to know about vegetables, soil and their cultivation. You will learn to recognize plants and collect vegetables by selecting fresh products for your lunch.
- Lunch at Tenuta Torciano restaurant with tasting of 15 Tuscan wines and oils: our cook will take care of cleaning and cooking the fresh vegetables harvested to prepare your lunch at km 0. The lunch will be accompanied by the tasting lesson and wine school, which includes 15 Tuscan wines and oils. The Tenuta Torciano winery is 3 minutes from the hotel and can also be reached on foot.
San Gimignano is a small medieval village dating back to the 8th century. It is perhaps the most famous of the small towns in Tuscany, known above all for its 14 towers overlooking picturesque olive groves and vineyards. Travelers who want to imagine what Tuscany was like in the Middle Ages should definitely visit San Gimignano.
If you choose an accommodation based in San Gimignano or in the surrounding area, you can travel in many different directions and discover artistic, naturalistic and historical beauties of Tuscany that will enrich your itinerary.
Some of these places are also easily accessible by public transport and are not far away. Just half an hour by car to your point of stay you will find the most renowned cities of Tuscany, such as Siena and Florence.
Visit of the vegetable Garden
The organic garden occupies a land of over 1000 square meters, where we are immediately surrounded by an expanse of infinite different vegetables.
There are tall branches of tomatoes that enthusiastically climb the poles. There are aubergine beds with lush green and purple hues. And lettuces, in multiple shapes, textures and shades of green and red.
The rows of vines that produce the grapes from which the wines of Tenuta Torciano are grown are flanked by the crops.
ccompanied by one of our farmers you can learn to recognize the varieties of vegetables, their vegetative and harvesting periods.The vegetable garden is an integral part of the experience of the Torciano Restaurant, whose cuisine draws directly from the products grown at km 0.Thus you will discover the innumerable facets of Tenuta Torciano: cellar, restaurant, and vegetable garden, learning to appreciate this all-round ecosystem.
Lunch in the cellar with 0 km products
Our farmers will advise you on the best vegetables to choose for your lunch, which you can enjoy directly on the restaurant table immediately after visiting the garden.
While you enjoy the taste of fresh homemade products, you can look around and admire our cellar and vineyards. Lunch can take place in the cellar or in the outdoor garden.
The lunch includes:
- Starter: with typical Tuscan salami and cheeses, bruschetta and fresh “pinzimonio” vegetables.
- First course: truffle lasagna or “ribollita toscana” vegetable soup
- Second course: roasted meat with vegetable side dish
- Dessert: Cantuccini with dessert wine or vanilla ice cream with balsamic.
During lunch you will be guided in the wine tasting and school, in a sensory journey that will allow you to know how to properly match the most important wines in the world with food.
Tasting in Winery
Lunch will be accompanied by a tasting of 15 products, including wines and oils.
- Rosè wine IGT Toscana
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Morellino di Scansano DOCG
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Super Tuscan “Baldassarre” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Cavaliere” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Bartolomeo” IGT Toscana
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Truffle flavored Olive Oil
- Pepper flavored Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Selected
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Welcome to the XI century Hotel in the Tuscan countryside
Wine lovers know thatTuscany needs no introduction and for a long time we have been looking for a special place where we can welcome our guests.
We found it in this beautiful convent of the XI century, where from its height you can admire the soft and verdant hill covered with vineyards, with the thousand shades of color that take on both spring and autumn, dotted with soaring cypresses and expanses of ancient olive trees.
We have enriched this Hotel with things we love, a selection of products from our cellar, such as wine, oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
We invite you to explore the garden, admire the ancient cypresses, the orchard, visit our vineyards, our vegetable garden and visit our cellar to share beautiful experiences with wine.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo offers the possibility to stay all year round. There is much more to this retreat in the Hotel del vino, from its rustic design of irregular oak beams and terracotta floors, woven around the landscape of vineyards and oak woods with the scent of local roses and flowers and secular cypresses outside the garden which makes a postcard a perfect rural village.
The rooms are of several categories and each room is enriched with the flavor of family intimacy with vintage furnishings and with genuine breakfast made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit eaten on the terrace overlooking beautiful panoramas, another reason to visit it.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo is happy to welcome its guests from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning.
The overnight stay offers the opportunity to book a place for a wine experience in Tenuta Torciano Winery.To complete the reservation it is necessary to use a valid credit card, as a guarantee, with the payment made directly at the hotel.
Our policy of cancellation is 15 days from the arrival date.
Our staff will be at your complete disposal to make you live a happy moment in the world of Torciano and all the wonders of the Tuscan countryside.
Availability: All year round, by reservation: all packages are subject to availability.
Minimum: 2 persons.
The package includes
- 1 night stay with breakfast
- Visit of the vegetable garden and lunch in the cellar with 0 km products
- Tasting of 15 Tuscan wines and oils
Hospitality: Upon arrival at the hotel, all guests will be greeted with a welcome sparkling wine or sparkling wine.
Typical Tuscan breakfast: made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit. Wine, vegetable snacks, water and nice snacks are at guests’ disposal, such as tea and coffee in the common areas, in the garden and on the terrace, to make the family stay like being at home.
PACKAGE PRICE: from € 115
PRICE PER PERSON – VAT INCLUDED
TORCIANO HOTEL VECCHIO ASILO
welcomes guests aged 15 and over.