XI century Hotel in San Gimignano
Dinner with Wine Tasting in the Cellar and Overnight stay in Boutique Hotel
Price: from € 173.00 – Availability: All year
1 Night stay in Hotel with Dinner and Wine Tasting in the cellar
This experience includes:
- 1 night stay at Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo: the hotel is located in the countryside of the medieval town of San Gimignano. With just 5 minutes by car you can reach the historic center of the city.
- Dinner in the cellar accompanied by a tasting of 15 wines and oils at Tenuta Torciano: you will be welcomed by our staff who will guide you on the tour of the winery and the vineyard, followed by dinner (in the cellar or outdoors) where you can enjoy real Tuscan cuisine. The dinner will be accompanied by a tasting lesson and wine school, which includes 15 Tuscan wines and oils. The Tenuta Torciano winery is 3 minutes from the hotel and can also be reached on foot.
San Gimignano is a small medieval village dating back to the 8th century. It is perhaps the most famous of the small towns in Tuscany, known above all for its 14 towers overlooking picturesque olive groves and vineyards. Travelers who want to imagine what Tuscany was like in the Middle Ages should definitely visit San Gimignano.
If you choose an accommodation based in San Gimignano or in the surrounding area, you can travel in many different directions and discover artistic, naturalistic and historical beauties of Tuscany that will enrich your itinerary.
Some of these places are also easily accessible by public transport and are not far away. Just half an hour by car to your point of stay you will find the most renowned cities of Tuscany, such as Siena and Florence.
Experience in Winery with Tuscan Dinner
You will be guided with our exclusive Wine School on a sensory journey that will allow you to properly combine the most important wines in the world with food.
It starts with the less structured and aged wines, to accompany an appetizer of cold cuts, cheeses, bruschetta and snacks; the tasting continues with more prestigious wines, paired with lasagna with meat sauce and truffle oil or Tuscan ribollita soup.
The dinner (at your choice in the cellar or in the outdoor garden) will have the following menu:
- Starter: Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses with bruschetta
- First course: Truffle Lasagna or Ribollita Toscana
- Second course: Roasted meat with side dishes
- Dessert: Vanilla ice cream with Balsamic Vinegar and Cantuccini biscuits
*on request it is possible to have personalized menus, vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free.
Tasting of 15 Tuscan wines and oils
The dinner will be accompanied by a tasting of 15 products, including wines and oils.
- Rosè Wine IGT Toscana
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Morellino di Scansano DOCG
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Super Tuscan “Baldassarre” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Cavaliere” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Bartolomeo” IGT Toscana
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Truffle flavored Olive Oil
- Pepper flavored Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Selected
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Welcome to the XI century Hotel in the Tuscan countryside
Wine lovers know thatTuscany needs no introduction and for a long time we have been looking for a special place where we can welcome our guests.
We found it in this beautiful convent of the XI century, where from its height you can admire the soft and verdant hill covered with vineyards, with the thousand shades of color that take on both spring and autumn, dotted with soaring cypresses and expanses of ancient olive trees.
We have enriched this Hotel with things we love, a selection of products from our cellar, such as wine, oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
We invite you to explore the garden, admire the ancient cypresses, the orchard, visit our vineyards, our vegetable garden and visit our cellar to share beautiful experiences with wine.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo offers the possibility to stay all year round. There is much more to this retreat in the Hotel del vino, from its rustic design of irregular oak beams and terracotta floors, woven around the landscape of vineyards and oak woods with the scent of local roses and flowers and secular cypresses outside the garden which makes a postcard a perfect rural village.
The rooms are of several categories and each room is enriched with the flavor of family intimacy with vintage furnishings and with genuine breakfast made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit eaten on the terrace overlooking beautiful panoramas, another reason to visit it.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo is happy to welcome its guests from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning.
The overnight stay offers the opportunity to book a place for a wine experience in Tenuta Torciano Winery.To complete the reservation it is necessary to use a valid credit card, as a guarantee, with the payment made directly at the hotel.
Our policy of cancellation is 15 days from the arrival date.
Our staff will be at your complete disposal to make you live a happy moment in the world of Torciano and all the wonders of the Tuscan countryside.
Availability: All year round, by reservation: all packages are subject to availability.
Minimum: 2 persons.
The package includes
- 1 night stay with breakfast
- Dinner typical Tuscan meal at Tenuta Torciano (inside the cellar or in the garden)
- Tastingof 15 Tuscan wines and oils
- Complimentary bottle upon leaving the hotel
Hospitality: Upon arrival at the hotel, all guests will be greeted with a welcome sparkling wine or sparkling wine.
Typical Tuscan breakfast: made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit. Wine, vegetable snacks, water and nice snacks are at guests’ disposal, such as tea and coffee in the common areas, in the garden and on the terrace, to make the family stay like being at home.
from € 173
PRICE PER PERSON – VAT INCLUDED