XI century Hotel in San Gimignano
Truffle hunting with lunch and tasting with overnight stay in a Boutique Hotel
Price: starting from € 253.00 – Availability: All the year
1 Night Stay in Hotel with Truffle Hunting, Tuscan lunch and tasting
This experience includes:
- 1 night stay at presso Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo:the hotel is located in the countryside of the medieval town of San Gimignano. With just 5 minutes by car you can reach the historic center of the city.
- Truffle hunting: you will be welcomed by our staff who will guide you on the tour of the winery and vineyard of Tenuta Torciano, followed by you will participate in the truffle hunt. You will participate in a lesson with an introduction to the fantastic world of truffles and recognition and then you will experience the experience of truffle hunting with a guide and expert dogs.
- Lunch and tasting of 15 wines and oils in Tenuta Torciano Winery: durante il pranzo (in cantina o all’aperto) potrai gustare la vera cucina toscana e le ricette da te preparate durante la lezione di cucina. Il pranzo sarà accompagnato dalla lezione di degustazione e scuola del vino, che comprende 15 vini e oli toscani. La cantina Tenuta Torciano dista 3 minuti dall’hotel ed è raggiungibile anche a piedi.
San Gimignano is a small medieval village dating back to the 8th century. It is perhaps the most famous of the small towns in Tuscany, known above all for its 14 towers overlooking picturesque olive groves and vineyards. Travelers who want to imagine what Tuscany was like in the Middle Ages should definitely visit San Gimignano.
If you choose an accommodation based in San Gimignano or in the surrounding area, you can travel in many different directions and discover artistic, naturalistic and historical beauties of Tuscany that will enrich your itinerary.
Some of these places are also easily accessible by public transport and are not far away. Just half an hour by car to your point of stay you will find the most renowned cities of Tuscany, such as Siena and Florence.
Experience the thrill of participating in truffle hunting with our trained dogs, in the Tenuta Torciano truffle ground where you will find precious black and white truffles. During the hunt, you will be guided by our expert guide and you will learn to identify the different species of trees and the ideal habitat for truffle growth.
Truffle hunting is a great way to learn all about truffles, their collection and use in cooking. They grow underground near tree roots, so you will enjoy a nice hike through the property’s wood and then lunch in the cellar.
Horse and nature in the vineyards
After the truffle hunt, you can enjoy a delicious lunch with traditional dishes enriched with truffles, all in combination with our Tuscan wines. You will spend this moment with the family and staff of Tenuta Torciano and you will be able to share your passion for wine with us.
Our wine instructor will guide you in a real wine school, where you will learn the production process of our wines, the etiquette of the glass and all the organoleptic, olfactory and sensorial characteristics. At the end of this journey you will be able to choose the right wine for every occasion.
Lunch will have the following menu (it may vary according to the dishes cooked during the cooking class):
- Appetizers: salami, cheeses and mixed bruschette
- First Course: lasagna with truffle and tagliolini with truffle
- First Course: Roasted meat with vegetables
- Dessert: Cantuccini with dessert wine
Tasting and the Wine School
Lunch will be accompanied by the following wines and oils:
- Rosè wine IGT Toscana
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Morellino di Scansano DOCG
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Super Tuscan “Baldassarre” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Cavaliere” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Bartolomeo” IGT Toscana
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Truffle flavored Olive Oil
- Pepper flavored Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Selected
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Welcome to the XI century Hotel in the Tuscan countryside
Wine lovers know thatTuscany needs no introduction and for a long time we have been looking for a special place where we can welcome our guests.
We found it in this beautiful convent of the XI century, where from its height you can admire the soft and verdant hill covered with vineyards, with the thousand shades of color that take on both spring and autumn, dotted with soaring cypresses and expanses of ancient olive trees.
We have enriched this Hotel with things we love, a selection of products from our cellar, such as wine, oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
We invite you to explore the garden, admire the ancient cypresses, the orchard, visit our vineyards, our vegetable garden and visit our cellar to share beautiful experiences with wine.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo offers the possibility to stay all year round. There is much more to this retreat in the Hotel del vino, from its rustic design of irregular oak beams and terracotta floors, woven around the landscape of vineyards and oak woods with the scent of local roses and flowers and secular cypresses outside the garden which makes a postcard a perfect rural village.
The rooms are of several categories and each room is enriched with the flavor of family intimacy with vintage furnishings and with genuine breakfast made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit eaten on the terrace overlooking beautiful panoramas, another reason to visit it.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo is happy to welcome its guests from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning.
The overnight stay offers the opportunity to book a place for a wine experience in Tenuta Torciano Winery.To complete the reservation it is necessary to use a valid credit card, as a guarantee, with the payment made directly at the hotel.
Our policy of cancellation is 15 days from the arrival date.
Our staff will be at your complete disposal to make you live a happy moment in the world of Torciano and all the wonders of the Tuscan countryside.
Availability: All year round, by reservation: all packages are subject to availability.
Minimum: 2 persons.
The package includes
- 1 night stay with breakfast
- Truffle hunting with guide and trained dogs
- Lunch and wine tasting of 15 wines and oils with appetizers
Hospitality: Upon arrival at the hotel, all guests will be greeted with a welcome sparkling wine or sparkling wine.
Typical Tuscan breakfast: made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit. Wine, vegetable snacks, water and nice snacks are at guests’ disposal, such as tea and coffee in the common areas, in the garden and on the terrace, to make the family stay like being at home.
from € 253
PRICE PER PERSON – VAT INCLUDED