XI century Hotel in San Gimignano
Cooking Class with Lunch and Wine Tasting with Overnight stay in Boutique Hotel
Price: from € 228.00 – Availability: all the year
1 Night Stay in Hotel with Lunch in the Vineyard and Wine Tasting
This experience includes:
- 1 night stay at Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo:the hotel is located in the countryside of the medieval town of San Gimignano. With just 5 minutes by car you can reach the historic center of the city.
- Cooking class at Tenuta Torciano: you will be welcomed by our staff who will guide you on the tour of the winery and vineyard of Tenuta Torciano, afterwards you will participate in the cooking lesson with our chef. You will prepare together homemade pasta and other simple and delicious Tuscan recipes, incredible sauces, meats and desserts using only fresh ingredients. Here you will learn the art of cutting, braising, boiling, cooking and roasting and you will cook a whole Tuscan menu.
- Lunch and tasting of 15 wines and oils at the Tenuta Torciano winery: during lunch (in the cellar or outdoors) you can taste the real Tuscan cuisine and the recipes you prepared during the cooking class. Lunch will be accompanied by a tasting lesson and wine school, which includes 15 Tuscan wines and oils. The Tenuta Torciano winery is 3 minutes from the hotel and can also be reached on foot.
San Gimignano is a small medieval village dating back to the 8th century. It is perhaps the most famous of the small towns in Tuscany, known above all for its 14 towers overlooking picturesque olive groves and vineyards. Travelers who want to imagine what Tuscany was like in the Middle Ages should definitely visit San Gimignano.
If you choose an accommodation based in San Gimignano or in the surrounding area, you can travel in many different directions and discover artistic, naturalistic and historical beauties of Tuscany that will enrich your itinerary.
Some of these places are also easily accessible by public transport and are not far away. Just half an hour by car to your point of stay you will find the most renowned cities of Tuscany, such as Siena and Florence.
The cooking school of Tenuta Torciano
Our chef will follow you step by step and reveal everything you need to know about homemade pasta and the recipes of the typical Tuscan cuisine.
The cooking class includes:
- Preparation of a complete menu with appetizer, first course, second course and dessert of the day. The theme is chosen by our Chef according to the seasonality of the products.
- Learn the main cooking techniques, cut, braise, boil, cook and roast a complete Tuscan meal.
- Taste and lunch with the cooked dishes
Tuscan Lunch with Wine Tasting
During lunch you will taste the dishes you cook. You will be guided with our exclusive Wine School on a sensory journey that will allow you to know how to properly match the most important wines in the world with food.
It starts with the less structured and aged wines, to accompany an appetizer of cold cuts, cheeses, bruschetta and snacks; the tasting continues with more prestigious wines, paired with lasagna with meat sauce and truffle oil or Tuscan ribollita soup.
Lunch will have the following menu (may vary according to the dishes cooked during the cooking class):
- Starter: Tuscan crostini, crostini with cherry tomatoes, crostini with sausage and stracchino
- First Course: handmade pasta with cinta senese sauce or truffle lasagna
- Second Course: beef fillet with herbs and green pepper, or sliced beef with rocket and parmesan cheese
- Dessert: vanilla ice cream with balsamic vinegar or tiramisu
Tasting of 15 Tuscan wines and oils in the cellar
Lunch will be accompanied by a tasting of 15 products, including wines and oils.
- Rosè wine IGT Toscana
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Morellino di Scansano DOCG
- Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Super Tuscan “Baldassarre” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Cavaliere” IGT Toscana
- Super Tuscan “Bartolomeo” IGT Toscana
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Truffle flavored Olive Oil
- Pepper flavored Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar Selected
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Welcome to the XI century Hotel in the Tuscan countryside
Wine lovers know thatTuscany needs no introduction and for a long time we have been looking for a special place where we can welcome our guests.
We found it in this beautiful convent of the XI century, where from its height you can admire the soft and verdant hill covered with vineyards, with the thousand shades of color that take on both spring and autumn, dotted with soaring cypresses and expanses of ancient olive trees.
We have enriched this Hotel with things we love, a selection of products from our cellar, such as wine, oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden and the Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
We invite you to explore the garden, admire the ancient cypresses, the orchard, visit our vineyards, our vegetable garden and visit our cellar to share beautiful experiences with wine.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo offers the possibility to stay all year round. There is much more to this retreat in the Hotel del vino, from its rustic design of irregular oak beams and terracotta floors, woven around the landscape of vineyards and oak woods with the scent of local roses and flowers and secular cypresses outside the garden which makes a postcard a perfect rural village.
The rooms are of several categories and each room is enriched with the flavor of family intimacy with vintage furnishings and with genuine breakfast made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit eaten on the terrace overlooking beautiful panoramas, another reason to visit it.
Torciano Hotel Vecchio Asilo is happy to welcome its guests from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning.
The overnight stay offers the opportunity to book a place for a wine experience in Tenuta Torciano Winery.To complete the reservation it is necessary to use a valid credit card, as a guarantee, with the payment made directly at the hotel.
Our policy of cancellation is 15 days from the arrival date.
Our staff will be at your complete disposal to make you live a happy moment in the world of Torciano and all the wonders of the Tuscan countryside.
Availability: All year round, by reservation: all packages are subject to availability.
Minimum: 2 persons.
The package includes
- 1 night stay with breakfast
- Cooking class of Tuscan recipes
- Lunch and wine tasting of 15 Tuscan wines and oils
Hospitality: upon arrival at the hotel, all guests will be greeted with a welcome sparkling wine or sparkling wine.
Typical Tuscan breakfast: made of homemade cakes and seasonal fruit. Wine, vegetable snacks, water and nice snacks are at guests’ disposal, such as tea and coffee in the common areas, in the garden and on the terrace, to make the family stay like being at home.
from € 228
PRICE PER PERSON – VAT INCLUDED